How to Set Up My Gsuite email domain properly?
Table of contents
LaGrowthMachine will send your sales emails on your behalf via your Gsuite/Gmail account. But if some technical parameters are not properly set up, most of your emails will end up in spam.
It takes about 20minutes to avoid that!
Want to achieve maximum deliverability? Read-on!
What are DMARC, DKIM, SPF, and MX records? And why should I care?
First off, a bit a definition :
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentification method that allows checking during mail delivery that a mail claiming to come from a specific domain is submitted by an IP address authorized by that domain’s administrators.
It basically verifies the sender’s IP address.
- DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) helps prevent spoofing on outgoing messages sent from your domain by adding an encrypted signature to the header of all outgoing messages.
It basically verifies who’s sending the email.
- Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) help mail administrators prevent hackers and other attackers from spoofing their organization and domain. Spoofing is a type of attack in which the From address of an email message is forged. A spoofed message appears to be from the impersonated organization or domain.
It basically prevents your email from being forged by someone else.
- Mail Exchanger Record (MX Recor) specifies the mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a domain name.
It basically lets another know which server can send an email for you, and where incoming emails should be routed to.
All four elements allow verifying the authenticity of each email sent. The more you’re set-up, the better another server will trust you, enhancing your deliverability.
It’s that logic! Now let’s set up everything up.
Get 3.5X more leads!
Are you looking to improve your sales department’s efficiency? LaGrowthMachine allows you to generate an average of 3.5x more leads, while saving an incredible amount of time on all your processes. By signing up today, you get a free 14-day trial period to test our tool!
How to check your DMARC, DKIM, SPF, and MX records?
It’s fairly easy: Google has created a Google Admin Toolbox just for that
Input your email domain, and Google will let :
- Let you know of all critical and non-problems
- Provide you with a guide for each on how to set everything up