Table of contents
- What is multi-channel selling software?
- Why should you use multi-channel selling software?
- What are the multi-channel selling software’s main features?
- What are the best multi-channel selling tools available on the market?
- 10 multi-channel prospecting tools to compare
- Best software to do multi-channel selling: LaGrowthMachine
In recent years, multi-channel selling has become the most successful form of prospecting. Indeed, there are many benefits in engaging B2B leads from different channels: higher chances they see your sales messages, new and elaborated outreach strategies, and better conversion rates…
In order to succeed nowadays, growth and salespeople need to be more and more focused on diversifying their prospecting methods. It takes time.
But what if you could automate the process? What are the main benefits of using multi-channel selling software? What are the tools that exist? How to use them?
That’s what we’re going to discuss in this post. First, we’ll explain what multi-channel selling software is and why you should prospect that way. Then, we’ll talk about some of the best tools available on the market. Finally, we’ll walk you through our own multi-channel selling software – LaGrowthMachine – and show you our tried-and-true process for creating successful B2B lead generation!
What is multi-channel selling software?
By definition, multi-channel selling software is a tool that allows you to do multi-channel selling.
You may be wondering “Ok but what is multi-channel selling?”.
Multi-channel selling is the process of engaging leads from multiple channels at the same time, such as email, social media, or phone calls. Unlike traditional prospecting that involves a single outreach channel, modern approaches to customer acquisition leverage multiple touchpoints for engagement.
To provide some insight, sales representatives historically would reach out to potential customers by sending emails or cold calling them. Which was – and still is – working well!
But thanks to the advent of groundbreaking technologies, people now have much more media options for communication, entertainment, and work. That changed the rules.
As the number of communication platforms rises (like media, emails, social networks, etc…), your chances to be seen on a single platform decrease.
This is why you need to develop a multi-channel selling approach. And the good news is that there are many tools – such as LaGrowthMachine – that helps you to do it!
Why should you use multi-channel selling software?
If you didn’t know about the multi-channel approach yet, you should start to realize how powerful it can be for selling outbound when you apply it to sales prospecting or lead generation purposes.
That’s what we’re going to talk about in this section.
The 5 main benefits of using a multi-channel solution are the following:
- Free up more of your time;
- boost productivity;
- boost performance;
- reducing acquisition costs;
- generate more money.
Free up more of your time
Automation tools are founded on the concept that if you’re repeating the same routine tasks over and again, then it’s time to create a process. And once you have a process in place, then it’s time to automate those steps to become more efficient.
Whether you’re a growth marketer, a sales rep, a talent recruiter, or even a link builder, your daily routine might look like this:
- Find new prospects;
- Writing emails;
- Sending out follow-up messages;
- Scheduling calls.
These tasks represent 95% of your time.
With a sales automation tool like LaGrowthMachine, you can bring this number from 95% to 10%. To give you more insights here, with LaGrowthMachine, you can:
- enrich your leads data automatically (and find thousands of pro email addresses without doing anything);
- send multi-channel sales messages, from cold messages to follow-up (through LinkedIn, Email, and Twitter).
- Synchronize all the data to your CRM and Calendar, to get a great business vision, automatically.
The second achievement of using multi-channel selling software is to increase your reps’ productivity.
Mathematically speaking, if you go from 95% to 10% of the time you’re using, you get plenty of free time to focus on much more valuable actions such as closing your deals and thinking about other strategies to bring up new leads – like inbound sales.
That’s the promise behind multi-channel software: automate repetitive tasks to focus on other tasks that can’t or shouldn’t be automatized.
That’s great, you’ll get much more free time by using an automation tool.
But we wrote this post to show you the strength of multi-channel selling, and the main advantage of using a solution that allows you to do it is performance:
- you’ll send much more messages, so you’ll get much more answers;
- you’ll send messages through different channels, so you’ll get much more answers;
- you’ll set up custom sales sequences that are much more qualitative, so you’ll get much more answers;
For example, if you’re using LaGrowthMachine, you could:
- connect your sequence with your CRM
- send a first sales email;
- send a follow-up email;
- send a follow-up message on LinkedIn saying you tried to contact your lead by email first
- Set up a custom step in your campaign, so you’ll know that 3 days later, your CRM will remind you to call your lead (thanks to LaGrowthMachine you got his phone number)
- If he didn’t reply, send him a follow-up message on LinkedIn, or maybe a first direct message on Twitter, etc…
There is a high chance that your lead will answer on at least one of the channels you’ve selected.
LaGrowthMachine is the only multi-channel tool that allows you to create a full custom sales sequence. With our tool, you can literally create anything from scratch. With our Webhook feature, you can easily integrate any third-party tool to gain even more functionality for your sequence.
Reducing acquisition cost
When you spend less time catching the same amount of leads, you reduce your acquisition cost. When you get more leads for the same amount of time, you reduce your acquisition cost. When you attribute fewer resources to tasks to focus on other tasks, you reduce your acquisition cost.
Multi-channel automation tools such as LaGrowthMachine allow you to do all of that. One sales rep using LaGrowthMachine can generate the same number of leads as your 4 salespeople team doing it manually…
Generate more money
… But we don’t recommend you reduce your sales team. Instead, you can do 4x better with the same amount of people working for you, if you’re using LaGrowthMachine!
Regardless of size, our multi-channel selling software is the perfect solution for any business, whether you’re a startup or an established corporation: with our multi-identity feature, you can onboard your whole sales team (and their LinkedIn and email account) to create creative custom sales sequences between different identities.
What are the multi-channel selling software’s main features?
There are as many features as tools, but according to us, a “good” solution should at least propose these features to be really efficient:
- Customizable sales sequences and campaigns: create sales sequences from scratch, including as many channels as you want.
- Multi-identity feature: this would allow you to send messages from different identities (LinkedIn, email, Twitter). Ideally, you could connect as many identities as you want (a great feature for a business unit or sales team).
- Synchronization with your CRM: and Calendar or Google Agenda to scale your whole process.
- High scalability capabilities: to create something that will last for years.
LaGrowthMachine is proposing all of these features, and much more.
What are the best multi-channel selling tools available on the market?
If you’ve read this far, then I’m sure you’re eager to learn about the powerful tools at your disposal. Good!
As we said in the introduction of this post, there are multiple solutions to practice multi-channel selling. Therefore, it’s important to know a bit more about your insights. That’s what we’re going to explain right now.
How to choose your multi-channel selling software?
To choose your multi-channel selling software, you must ask yourself a couple of questions:
- What is my budget?
- How many people do I need to onboard into this process?
- What specific features do I need?
- Can I integrate this solution with others?
- Is it scalable?
- How many leads can I expect with this process?
- How much does it cost?
- Is there any – good – support?
After you’ve answered all these questions, here’s what you could do: at LaGrowthMachine, we always recommend our clients draw their process before testing, trying to scale it, and automating it.
To do so, you can go with whimsical.com which is a great free solution to think about your process and all the possibilities.
When you’ve done all of this, you defined your needs. It’s time to pick a solution!
10 multi-channel prospecting tools to compare
We’ve selected different tools and synthesized them in a table so you can easily see if the solution fits your needs.
|Name of the software||Main Feature||Description||Target User||Pricing|
|LaGrowthMachine||Lead Generation & Sales Automation||Lagrowthmachine is a growth hacking and automation software that helps businesses to increase their growth and sales by automating various repetitive tasks. It includes features for lead generation, lead conversion, and customer retention, as well as analytics and reporting. It allows for the automation of multi-channel selling sequences.||Sales and Marketing teams, Growth People, Talent Recruiter||Lagrowthmachine offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $80 to $200 per month, depending on the number of users and team size.|
|Salesforce||CRM||Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps businesses manage customer data and interactions across various channels. It includes features for sales, marketing, and customer service, and can be customized to meet the needs of different industries.||Sales teams, marketing teams, customer service teams||Salesforce offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $25 to a custom formula per user per month, depending on the level of access and functionality required.|
|HubSpot Sales||Email tracking and scheduling||HubSpot Sales is a sales automation tool that helps sales teams manage their email communication with prospects and customers. It includes features for email tracking, scheduling, and follow-up, as well as a shared email inbox for teams.||Sales teams||HubSpot Sales is available as part of the HubSpot CRM, which is free to use, or as part of HubSpot’s Marketing, Sales, and Service Hubs. Prices for the latter range from $51 to a custom formula per month, depending on the level of access and functionality required.|
|Pipedrive||Sales pipeline management||Pipedrive is a sales automation tool that helps teams manage their sales pipeline, from lead generation to close. It includes features for contact management, deal tracking, and forecasting, and can be customized to match a team’s sales process.||Sales teams||Pipedrive offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $14.50 to $99 per user per month, depending on the level of access and functionality required.|
|Zoho CRM||Omnichannel CRM||Zoho CRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps businesses manage customer data and interactions across multiple channels, including email, phone, and social media. It includes features for sales, marketing, and customer service, and can be integrated with other Zoho apps, such as Zoho Books and Zoho Projects.||Sales teams, marketing teams, customer service teams||Zoho CRM offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $49 to $249 per user per month, depending on the level of access and functionality required.|
|Close||CRM||Close.io is a sales automation tool that helps sales teams manage their communication and follow up with leads and customers. It includes features for call logging, email tracking, and deal tracking, and can be integrated with other apps, such as MailChimp and Google Calendar.||Sales teams||Close.io offers a different plans from 25$ to 129$ depending on the number of features you need.|
|Outreach||Sales engagement platform||Outreach is a sales engagement platform that helps sales teams automate and optimize their communication with leads and customers. It includes features for email, phone, and social media, as well as analytics and reporting, and can be integrated with other apps, such as Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.||Sales teams||On-demand.|
|Mixmax||Sales productivity||Mixmax is a sales productivity tool that helps sales teams automate and optimize their communication with leads and customers. It includes features for email tracking, scheduling, and follow-up, as well as analytics and reporting, and can be integrated with other apps, such as Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.||Sales teams||Mixmax offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $24 to $69per user per month, depending on|
|Lemlist||Email Automation||Lemlist is an email automation software that helps sales and marketing teams to personalize their cold emails and automate follow-ups. It includes features for email tracking, scheduling, and dynamic content, as well as analytics and reporting. The platform allows for creating visually appealing and personalized emails with the help of pre-designed templates, merge tags, and AI-powered image personalization.||Sales teams, marketing teams||Lemlist offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $59 to $99 per month, depending on the number of emails to be sent and team size. Extra formula for enterprises.|
|Leadfeeder||Lead tracking and ABM tool||Leadfeeder is a lead tracking and identification software that helps sales teams to identify and qualify potential customers visiting their website. It includes features for lead tracking, lead scoring, and lead nurturing, as well as analytics and reporting. It integrates with various CRM and marketing automation tools to push the leads directly to the sales team.||Sales teams||Leadfeeder offers a variety of pricing plans, with costs ranging from $0 to $139 per month, depending on the number of leads and team size.|
Best software to do multi-channel selling: LaGrowthMachine
Now that we’ve gone through all of this, We’d like to explore further our solution. Not only to showcase our capabilities but also to emphasize that we have the ability to do everything.
Keep this in mind: LaGrowthMachine is the most versatile and effective tool available for multi-channel prospecting, at the moment.
If you require a fast and straightforward solution that allows for automation with effortless-to-use templates, it’s fine, but it may be more advantageous to consider another tool – we’re also proposing easy-to-use templates, though!
If you’re looking to construct a brilliant, one-of-a-kind automated sales workflow that is diversified and innovative, LaGrowthMachine should be your top choice. Without any doubt.
To demonstrate how far you could go by using it, here’s an example of a multi-channel selling process you could use:
- Step 1: Feed LaGrowthMachine with some basic lead data from any source (such as name, company name, LinkedIn profile URL, etc…);
- Step 2: Synchronize your social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Email account);
- Step 3: Create your own sales sequence from scratch. It’s time to be creative: you can use different channels, but also different actions in these channels (i.e. with LinkedIn, you can set up a “visit profile” action, then “send connection”, then send your first message).
- Step 4: For each message, make sure your sales copywriting is ok. Be careful, your performance will be highly related to the method you used in this step. For this reason, you should/can always ask our support to help with your email copy and otherwise.
- Step 5: Launch your campaign and send thousands of messages through different selling channels without doing anything else but waiting for leads to answer. When you launch your camping, LaGrowthMachine enriches your original data automatically with find additional data such as phone number, pro email, LinkedIn Profile, etc…
- Step 6: Set up a custom webhook between LaGrowthMachine and Slack through Zapier that will alert you when a lead first reply to one of your message. You can also choose to be alerted by SMS or any channel you’re using.
- Step 7: Also configure a webhook between LaGrowthMachine and your favorite CRM to store automatically all your leads data, conversation history, and even a first lead qualification depending on his answer – yes, you can create automation between Zapier and LaGrowthMachine to do this.
Note that you can also add custom CRM actions through your LaGrowthMachine sequence.
If your leads didn’t answer your first messages through LinkedIn and Email, you could send an alert through your CRM – which is connected with your agenda – to say “Hey, try to call him”. Two options:
- he’s answering, great.
- he’s not answering. Modify its status and your CRM, and the lead will go back into your sequence. Maybe you can try to send him another email saying you’ve been trying to call him or try another channel.
With an abundance of options available, it can be difficult to determine which solution best meets your needs.
If you find yourself needing basic features that will get the job done, there is certainly no shortage of software out there.
However, if you wish to take a more sophisticated approach with automated processes tailored for efficiency and uncommonness then LaGrowthMachine might just be what you are looking for! Try us free for 14 days and see how we can help make multi-channel selling even easier!