How To Get More Clients?
Table of contents
- Why do you need more clients?
- How do you get more clients?
- Tip 1: Define the right target
- Tip 2: Design your own sales process
- Tip 3: Make sure to build the best sales team
- Tip 4: Choose the right sales channels
- Tip 5: Use a sales automation tool
- Tip 6: Get referrals from your current clients
- Tip 7: Use content marketing to attract new leads
- Tip 8: Work on your LinkedIn presence
- Tip 9: Make sure the copywriting of your sales messages is great
- Tip 10: Launch targeted ad campaigns
As a B2B salesperson, you might sometimes have trouble acquiring new clients. Sales cycles are more complex and longer in B2B than they are compared to B2C businesses. Though it may seem daunting, don’t give up hope! If you want to up your odds of success, there are a few things you can do.
That’s what we’re going to see in this post: we’ll give you 20 actionable hacks to get more clients, whatever your business is!
But before going through the “how”, let’s explore the “why” behind this.
Why do you need more clients?
Before taking actions that will lead you to successful client acquisition, you need to understand the benefits of the whole idea.
It might be pretty obvious, but getting new clients not only leads to increased turnover.
Keep in mind that acquiring new customers will cost you more than upselling an old one.
Also, some companies only run with 1 or 2 main clients.
Therefore, why should you invest more money to get new clients when it will be more expensive and you already have enough work and rewards with your current ones?
Four things here:
1. If you rely on 1 or two main clients, the fact of losing them might hurt you more than if you’ve had many clients.
2. Client lifetime value has an end. You always need new clients to take the place of the old ones that are going to leave anyway.
3. Even if new clients are more expensive, they may bring other clients with them if they’re satisfied while reducing the client acquisition cost.
4. New clients might bring you more revenue than the current ones.
For all these reasons, getting new B2B clients is essential if you want to boost your business and secure its development.
Now, let’s go through the “how”!
How do you get more clients?
That’s the very purpose of this post!
As a team of sales experts, specifically experts in sales automation, we’re always providing our customers with tips on how to get clients.
As we’ve become connoisseurs in B2B client acquisition, no matter the industry, we think it’s important to share these 10 professional tips today!
Tip 1: Define the right target
The first step before selling to a person is to identify this person.
In marketing, that’s what we call “targeting”: this is the process of questioning who is the person you want to sell your product or service to.
Across the different posts on the internet, you’ll find definitions and a few tips to target efficiently, and they might be working, but we’d like to give you our very own designed and accurate methodology:
1) Scope the data that matters to you: is it potential turnover? A niche in a specific industry? The number of people working in the company?
2) Measure and forecast: how many clients could you expect with your criteria? Is it worth it? Is it achievable? How much will it cost you?
3) Once you’ve decided what is important to you as a client, draw up your personas. For example Jeff, 37 years old, Growth Hacker, working in a 250+ employee tech company, familiar with using social media techniques to get more clients.
It’s very important to scope the whole project and to be able to measure your potential performance before anything else.
Tip 2: Design your own sales process
You may wonder what the sales process is.
A sales process is a set of sequential steps that makes you able to transform a lead into a paying customer.
These are the 3 most common steps of a good sales process:
- Lead qualification: you need to check if the lead is relevant to your business and if this person/company is a good match, regarding your target scope.
- Lead nurturing: you need to educate the lead about your product or service. This can be done through a blog post, an ebook, a video, or any content built by your marketing service that will warm up your lead slowly.
- Lead closing: this is the sale itself! You need to be very cautious here because if you’ve been working on the lead for a while, you don’t want to mess up at this stage of the process.
Quick Tip 💡
At LaGrowthMachine, we recommend our clients respect the big idea of a lead being an individual in their behavior and that, therefore, a good process should always be open to a thousand possibilities.
This is an example of a lead-to-client path:
A) Lead visits the website
B) Lead download an ebook
C) Lead read some blog post
D) Lead is contacted by a sales
E) Lead become customer
F) Customer churn
E) Customer comes back
Tip 3: Make sure to build the best sales team
Having the best sales team is as important as having the best product in your industry.
To get more clients, you need to have good sellers. To have good sellers, you must train them and give them adequate tools for their job.
Here are 3 elements you should take care of to get more clients in the pipeline:
1) Training: Whatever their knowledge and skills, you should focus on training your sales team about your product or your service, but also on your sales methods. It’s important to have a good understanding of the product, but also of how to sell it and maybe your methods are different from what they were used to before coming to you.
2) Network: as a big plus, make sure you recruit people that already know people in your target market and that could introduce you to them. It will save you time and money, and it will also give more confidence to your potential client to work with you.
3) Experience: last but not least, it’s important that the people you work with have a certain experience in sales, not especially in your industry. It’s easier to scale up than if you were beginning from scratch.
Tip 4: Choose the right sales channels
In B2B, several sales channels might be used to generate more clients.
As you may know, each lead is different and doesn’t use the same channels, but the 4 most common ones are:
1) LinkedIn: nowadays, it’s probably the best social platform to get in touch with professionals. You can use it for your research but also to directly contact the person you want to talk to.
2) Email: it’s still one of the most used sales channels in B2B. You can use it at all stages of your funnel: introduction, nurturing emails, follow-up, and closing.
3) Twitter: you can use it for brand awareness but also to get in touch with people that you couldn’t have met otherwise.
4) Calls: it’s a very direct way to get in touch with potential customers. You can use it for prospecting and appointment scheduling, by phone or with a live meeting tool such as Google Meet, Hangout, etc…
At LaGrowthMachine, we’re covering 3 of these 4 channels. But most of all, we recommend using them simultaneously, as we’re observing much more results by leading multichannel sales campaigns.
That’s what our tool will allow you to do, but we’re going to get through it right after that.
Tip 5: Use a sales automation tool
Sales automation software allows you to reach out to your leads automatically, with the goal of turning them into customers.
There are a lot of tools on the market, but we strongly think our technology is one of the best so far.
Why is that? Because our tool gets the all-in-one best features, in a scalable technical ecosystem and with the best support you can offer.
Basically, this is how it works:
- Importing lead base: it can be done manually, with a .csv file for instance, or through your LinkedIn Account.
- Enriching your data: our tool will automatically fill in the missing data, such as email addresses, phone numbers, and social media accounts. Thanks to our scraping methods, we’re able to find up to 60% of verified pro emails automatically.
- Creating your sales sequences: that’s the heart of the tool. With the right data you’ve been collecting before, you’ll be able to build multichannel sales sequences with all your messages written in advance, to thousands of leads at once, with a high degree of personalization.
- Live reporting: just watch the results live and let new leads come at you for inquiries. Your job is to close them now!
With LaGrowthMachine, you’re able to save a lot of time and money, as well as increase your lead generation by 3.5X more than manually.
Tip 6: Get referrals from your current clients
Referrals are one of the easiest and best ways to get new clients.
If you’re giving a great service to your current clients, they will be happy to refer you to other companies or professionals that might need your help.
It’s as simple as that.
So how to ensure your clients are happy?
By implying an accurate lead nurturing program, by getting the best relationship with them through your support, and by offering them the best experience possible through your product or service!
Tip 7: Use content marketing to attract new leads
Aside from lead nurturing and sales efforts, you should invest in long-term marketing strategies that will increase the number of leads generated at the very beginning of the pipeline.
The type of content you can – and should – focus on are the following:
- Videos: as we’re living in a very visual world, videos are a great way to get your message across and to show your potential clients what you’re capable of.
- Infographics: they are very popular on social media, as they are easy to consume and usually offer a lot of information in a very condensed way. There are tons of free tools online to build infographics.
- Ebook: this type of content is very interesting to do lead nurturing with. You can use it as a lead magnet to get people to sign up for your newsletter, and then you can keep sending them valuable information until they’re ready to buy from you.
- Blog posts: this content will help you both with lead nurturing and SEO, which is a great way to generate more leads and customers! It’s a bit complex and long-term though, so we recommend you activate other acquisition channels aside from these strategies.
Tip 8: Work on your LinkedIn presence
LinkedIn is the best social media for B2B today. It’s also the largest B2B leads database worldwide.
There are many ways to work on your LinkedIn client acquisition:
- LinkedIn Outreach: you can use LinkedIn to find new potential clients and leads, and then reach out to them directly with sales messages. You can do this automatically by using LaGrowthMachine.
- LinkedIn Posts: by creating and sharing interesting content on LinkedIn, you can attract new leads to your profile. The more people will engage with your post, the more you’ll reach out to new people through the platform.
- LinkedIn company page: if you have a company, make sure to create and optimize your LinkedIn company page. You’ll be able to share additional content and see some data that might be interesting for your prospecting efforts.
- LinkedIn Ads: LinkedIn Ads is a very powerful tool to generate leads. You can create different types of ads, and target them to a very specific audience.
Some of these methods come from marketing and others from sales. We recommend that you use them all to maximize your LinkedIn lead generation.
Tip 9: Make sure the copywriting of your sales messages is great
Many leads are failing because of bad sales messages. If you respect some basics, you’ll be able to save several deals pretty easily!
Your copywriting should:
- Be short and direct: long sales messages are boring, and people will quickly lose interest.
- Use a great headline: the headline is the first thing people will see, so make sure it’s attractive!
- Make sure you write the right message: are you introducing yourself to someone? are you following up? This is definitely not the same!
- Use calls to action: calls to action are essential to lead your prospect to the next step, which is becoming a client!
- Use the right tone: depending on your target, you’ll have to find the right tone to use in your message. If you’re targeting big companies, you’ll have to sound more formal than if you’re targeting startups for example.
If you want to improve your copywriting efforts, you can choose to work with LaGrowthMachine: before sending any sales sequence, our support team can be asked to analyze the copywriting of each sales message!
Tip 10: Launch targeted ad campaigns
We’ve already talked about LinkedIn, but that’s not the only platform you can do ads with. Google and Facebook also offer very powerful ad solutions for B2B matters.
Whether you’re working with Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn, keep in mind that this is mostly a marketing technique that will allow you to generate more leads – if done well – but not necessarily new clients!
This is the job of your sales teams.
To make sure you get the best out of this process, you should align your marketing and sales. This way, you’ll be able to cover the whole funnel!