How to Create and Manage Your LinkedIn Business Page
Table of contents
As of today, LinkedIn is the leading professional social network, and yet, most people still don’t know how to make the most of their LinkedIn business page -or even create one.
That’s a shame! Because if used correctly, a LinkedIn business page can be a powerful tool to promote your brand, products, or services.
LinkedIn is a sea of potential customers, and if you want to reap the benefits of this social network, you need to learn how to create and manage a LinkedIn business page.
What is a LinkedIn business page? What benefits can it bring? And what should you include in yours?
In this guide, we will show you how to create and optimize your LinkedIn business page step-by-step, so that you can start leveraging the platform to its full potential.
What is a LinkedIn business page?
A LinkedIn business page is simply a page that represents a company on LinkedIn. It’s self-explanatory, but it’s important to note that business pages are different from personal profiles.
It’s very similar to a Facebook business page or a Twitter business profile in that they are all used to promote a company on social media.
The main difference is that LinkedIn business pages are designed specifically for B2B companies, while Facebook and Twitter can usually cater to both B2B and B2C.
With a LinkedIn business page, you can:
- Post updates about your company
- Share articles, blog posts, and other content
- Promote your products or services
- Showcase your company culture
- and more…!
A LinkedIn business page is the perfect platform to showcase your brand and build relationships with other businesses.
It’s a powerful tool, especially for B2B marketing efforts on LinkedIn, that can help you reach your target audience and grow your business.
Get 3.5X more leads!
Do you want to improve the efficiency of your sales department? With LaGrowthMachine you can generate on average 3.5x more leads while saving an incredible amount of time on all your processes.
By signing up today, you’ll get a free 14-day trial to test our tool!
What are the benefits of creating a LinkedIn business page?
When it comes to sales, especially if we’re talking B2B, LinkedIn is unrivaled. It is by far the best platform to generate leads.
Creating a LinkedIn business page is essential if you want to take advantage of all the sales opportunities that LinkedIn has to offer. LinkedIn even offers you the ability to set up LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms to directly generate leads from your company page!
Here are some of the benefits that you can expect from creating and optimizing a LinkedIn business page:
- Reach a wider audience: A LinkedIn business page will help you reach more people as you will no longer be limited to your personal network.
- Establish your brand: You will be able to make your company more visible and start sharing your identity with said audience.
- Build relationships: With a LinkedIn business page, you will be able to start building relationships with other businesses, which can lead to new opportunities down the road.
- Improve your SEO: A LinkedIn business page can also help you improve your website’s SEO as you will be able to share links to your website and blog posts, on top of providing you with essentially free backlinks.
- Generate leads: LinkedIn is the perfect platform to generate leads as it allows you to target your audience very precisely.
When it comes to the last point, by combining LinkedIn’s lead generation with a powerful tool such as LaGrowthMachine, you will be able to take your LinkedIn outreach efforts to the next level.
With our tool, you’ll be able to easily:
- Visit your prospect’s LinkedIn profile
- Add them to your LinkedIn connections
- Send them a message / DM on LinkedIn
- And even send them a voice message on LinkedIn!
How do I create a LinkedIn business page?
Creating a LinkedIn business page is free and easy. However, you absolutely need to have a LinkedIn account before you can create a business page.
Treat your LinkedIn profile as if it were your resume -because it is. The first thing people do when researching business pages is to check out the profiles of the page’s administrators.
Make sure your profile is up-to-date and that you have a professional headshot as your profile picture.
Follow these steps to create your own LinkedIn business page:
- Click on “Work” in the top menu and select “Create a Company Page”
- Start filling out your company information: name, address, website, etc.
- Choose your business type: Consultant, Small Business, Large Enterprise, etc.
- Add a profile picture and cover photo
- Click on “Create Page”
That’s it! You’ve now created a LinkedIn business page. But it’s not over just yet, let’s check out some best practices you need to follow before you start using your new page.
Best practices for LinkedIn business pages
Now that you know how to create a LinkedIn business page, it’s time to learn about some best practices that will help you make the most out of it.
Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Optimize your page for SEO: Make sure you’re taking advantage of LinkedIn’s huge traffic by optimizing your page for SEO. Use keywords in your page’s title, description, and content to make it easier for people to find your page.
- Complete your page’s information: LinkedIn allows you to provide your company’s overview, products and services, website, blog, career opportunities, and more. Make sure you’re taking advantage of all this space by filling out your page’s information completely. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for people to learn about your company.
- Make your page visually appealing: A good profile picture and cover photo can make a big difference as they will be the first things people see when they visit your page. Make sure you’re using high-quality, up-to-date images that represent your brand well.
- Be active: A LinkedIn business page that’s updated regularly is more likely to be successful than one that’s rarely updated. Plan ahead and make sure you have a content calendar to keep your page active.
How to manage your LinkedIn business page
We’ve gone over the nitty-gritty of creating and optimizing your LinkedIn business page. But what about actually managing it?
After creating your page, you’ll have access to a few different tools that will help you run your page effectively.
Here’s an overview of what you can do:
- Publish content: You can use LinkedIn’s built-in editor to publish articles, photos, and videos on your page.
- Insights: LinkedIn’s Insights tool lets you see how your page is performing and what content is resonating with your audience.
- Page Analytics: This tool provides you with detailed information about your page views, unique visitors, and engagement.
- Leads: The Leads tool allows you to download a list of people who have interacted with your page.
- Advertising: LinkedIn’s self-serve ad platform lets you run ads on the site and target them specifically to your audience.
- And more…!
You’d think now your work is done and starting today, you’ll have millions of followers… I’m afraid not! This was the easy part of your job. The real challenge starts now!
Select your admins
The first thing you need to do is determine who should be your administrator. It can be you, your boss, your marketing team… anyone who you think will be responsible for managing the page.
Make sure you put someone who you trust in charge of this because it’s extremely important.
Managing a LinkedIn business page requires regular updates and posts, as well as engaging with your audience. If you’re not active, your page will quickly become stale and people will stop visiting it.
The best way to make sure your page is active is to create a content strategy, which takes us to the second point.
Create good content
Once you’ve decided on an administrator, it’s time to start creating content. LinkedIn allows you to publish articles, photos, and videos on your page, so take advantage of that!
Your content should be a mix of company updates, industry news, and helpful tips and advice.
Don’t be afraid to repost when people mention your product or service, your employees, or even you directly.
If you’re not sure what to post, take a look at what other companies in your industry are doing.
A good content strategy, mixed with stellar copywriting, will help you keep your page active and engaging, and it will also make it easier to track your results.
Update, check insights, and iterate
Last but not least, you need to make sure you’re regularly checking your page’s analytics and Insights. LinkedIn provides a lot of data that you can use to improve your page.
For example, if you see that one type of content is performing better than others, make sure to post more of that kind of content. Or, if you’re not getting as much engagement as you’d like, experiment with different types of posts to see what works best.
The most important thing is to be constantly iterating and trying new things. The only way to improve your page is to experiment and see what works best for your audience.
Let your business shine through
LinkedIn business pages can help your company reach new customers and grow its brand. But it’s not enough to simply create a page and hope for the best.
To make sure your page is successful, you need to put together a content strategy, select a responsible administrator, and regularly check your page’s analytics.
With a little bit of effort, you can make sure your LinkedIn business page is an asset to your company.
That’s it for this guide! I hope you found it helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.