Everything you need to know about LinkedIn Plans in 2022
Table of contents
- What are the different LinkedIn plans?
- Free LinkedIn plan
- LinkedIn Plan 1: Premium Business
- LinkedIn Plan 2: Sales Navigator Core
- LinkedIn Plan 3: Recruiter Lite
- LinkedIn Plan 4: Premium Career
- Which LinkedIn plan should you choose?
- LinkedIn Plans Comparison Chart
- Go further with LinkedIn’s corporate offerings
LinkedIn is a powerful networking tool for sales professionals. It’s important to understand each LinkedIn plan available so that you can make the most of your account.
The most popular social media platforms for business professionals can be a great tool for networking, building relationships, and finding new leads. But if you’re not using it to its full potential, you’re missing out.
What are the different subscriptions that exist? What does each paid version of LinkedIn do? And what are its advantages for businesses?
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the different LinkedIn subscription plans and help you decide which one is right for you.
So, whether you’re just starting out on LinkedIn or you’re looking for ways to boost your networking efforts, this blog post is for you! Read on to learn more.
What are the different LinkedIn plans?
There are various types of LinkedIn Premium subscriptions, with each having different features and benefits. Notably, these are the most popular plans:
- Premium Business
- Sales Navigator Core
- Recruiter Lite
- LinkedIn Premium Career
- LinkedIn Learning
All these premium options grant you access to a LinkedIn Premium account.
LinkedIn has tailored its offer to satisfy its different user personae, namely: sales and growth, recruiters, marketing teams, and job seekers.
Now, let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of each of these packages.
Get 3.5X more leads!
Do you want to improve the efficiency of your sales department? With LaGrowthMachine you can generate on average 3.5x more leads while saving an incredible amount of time on all your processes.
By signing up today, you’ll get a free 14-day trial to test our tool!
Free LinkedIn plan
Before we dive into the world of LinkedIn Premium, it’s important to understand what you get with a free LinkedIn membership.
A free LinkedIn account gives you access to the following features:
- A profile that can be seen by anyone on LinkedIn
- The ability to connect with other LinkedIn members
- Basic search features
- Up to 3 saved searches
- The ability to access LinkedIn Pulse
In other words, a free LinkedIn account gives you access to the basics. You can create a profile, connect with other LinkedIn members, and do some limited searches.
Even with these limitations, a free LinkedIn account can be quite a powerful tool if you know to use it.
For instance, you can use your profile to showcase your work and highlight your skills. You can also connect with other professionals in your field and build relationships.
LinkedIn is still the best platform for networking, even if you don’t have a Premium account.
However, if you’re serious about growing your career or business, you’ll need to upgrade to one of the LinkedIn Premium plans.
Let’s take a closer look at the different LinkedIn Premium subscriptions and what they offer.
LinkedIn Plan 3: Recruiter Lite
The Recruiter Lite plan is, as its name indicates, intended for recruiters.
It allows you to:
- Easily find the ideal candidates thanks to advanced search
- Learn more about candidates thanks to their detailed profiles
- Directly contact candidates via InMail (for a limited time)
- Track candidates’ activity on LinkedIn
Although it is an interesting option, this plan is often considered too expensive (€119 per month), especially for recruiters who do not necessarily need all the features offered. That’s why we recommend Recruiter Lite only if you are an experienced recruiter or if you work as a headhunter in an HR firm.
Which LinkedIn plan should you choose?
Now that you know a bit more about the offers and prices of the LinkedIn Premium plans, you might be wondering which solution is the most suitable for your project.
As seen before, there are 4 LinkedIn subscriptions, and all of them include access to LinkedIn Learning, which is a database of information to learn about the tool and its features.
Choosing the right LinkedIn subscription depends on your profile:
- If you are an individual, and you are not looking to use LinkedIn to develop your business or find a job, the free Basic subscription is more than enough.
- For B2B professionals who want to generate qualified leads through LinkedIn prospecting, we recommend Sales Navigator Core. This plan is really the most complete if you want to use LinkedIn as a salesperson. It’s very well recognized on the market, and allows you to access all the most advanced features of LinkedIn. However, it is quite expensive (about 75€ per month), and requires a minimum of knowledge in prospecting to be profitable.
- If you are looking for a job or want to evolve in your career, and you have some money to invest, the LinkedIn Premium Career subscription can be the right solution. Indeed, the features offered are very useful for candidates, including priority access to job offers and the ability to contact recruiters directly. A definite advantage over candidates who use LinkedIn Basic.
- If you are a recruiter or headhunter and you work in an office, you should use LinkedIn Recruiter Lite. With LinkedIn being the largest professional database to date, you will certainly find progress with your candidates! You can even check how to streamline your full recruitment process with our guide!
LinkedIn Plans Comparison Chart
Still not sure despite the above explanations? Don’t panic, LinkedIn has put together a summary table to understand the features included in each plan and to be able to compare them easily.
This table is only a partial list of the features of each plan. If you want to go further on the subject, you can go directly to the resources offered by LinkedIn.
Go further with LinkedIn’s corporate offerings
LinkedIn also offers corporate offers, intended for companies’ marketing, sales, and HR teams. These offers are quite expensive (starting at 10 000€ per month with no limit) but allow in particular:
- To generate qualified leads
- To improve your company’s visibility on LinkedIn
- Develop your employer brand
- Optimize your advertising campaigns
- And more…
In short, these are often all-in-one solutions adapted to the budgets and processes of business units and other large groups.
If you are interested in these offers, we recommend you get in touch with LinkedIn’s sales department directly.